Friday, November 26, 2010

Sex and the City Cupcakes

A friend was over yesterday and I was helping her decorate cupcakes for her twin sister's "Sex and the City" themed Bachelorette Party this weekend.  She had premade the cupcakes so after a quick bite of lunch we were able to quickly get to the decorating.

Not sure what we'd do, I decided to make a template that we could use to trace around on the hot pink fondant I had left over from my Great-Niece's graduation party.  (I love that it stays good for a year!)  Using a picture of a high heel cookie cutter, I freehand drew a shoe onto cardboard while Julie rolled out the fondant and cut out the shoes while I made the buttercream frosting.

After a quick lesson on using the piping bag I let Julie decorate the cupcakes so she could say with all honesty that she made these cupcakes!  Didn't she do great?!

Sex and the City Cupcakes

3 comments:

Amy G said...

Hey - these are toooooo delicious looking to eat!! You guys did a fantastic job! How cool is that??? I'm sure everyone loved them!

Again...nice work, my friend(s)!

Susan said...

Those are so perfect and I am impressed! Sue I think you need to open a business from your home.

~Pam~ said...

Those are so cute!! I agree with Susan, you should open a business! HUGS

Post a Comment