Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas Tea Scones Practice

Next Tuesday night our "Abide" (church ladies' group) Team  are hosting our first Christmas Tea, a wrap-up of the Fall session and preparation for the Advent Season.  What would a Christmas Tea be without scones though, right?  I found this recipe on allrecipes.com for World's Best Scones so I thought I'd give it a "practice run" before Tuesday's attempt to make batches for the Tea.

The recipe was easy enough, although I have to say I HATE the gooey dough stuck on the fingers part.  Thankfully I have a box of "surgical" gloves in my kitchen cupboard I use for baking.  They came in super handy while forming the dough into usable form.  The recipe made 12 medium sized scones and even though I forgot to brush them with the milk/sugar mixture on top and forgot to let them sit 10 minutes before popping them in the oven (thanks to trying to read the recipe on my iPhone I missed those steps), they turned out  nicely.  They were light and fluffy and quite delicious if I do say so myself.  All that was missing was the devonshire cream and jam ... and hot cup of my favorite tea.  Come Tuesday I'll make them a little smaller so to get more from the recipe and I'll remember the steps correctly!

For those of you ladies from the church reading this... I hope you'll join us Tuesday, Nov 30 @ 7:15pm at the church.  We'd love to have you there to celebrate with us.

They really were the World's Best Scones... 
or at least the best ones I've ever made

1 comments:

Amy G said...

Wouldn't miss it (or these scones!) for the world. Everything else will have to wait!!

I LOVE the fact that you used surgical gloves! What's even better is that you actually have surgical gloves in your house....hmmmm.....a new occupation perhaps? Maybe you should stick with your lovely cookies and cupcakes!

Love you - and miss you terribly! :)

Post a Comment