Monday, November 1, 2010

Mums The Word

Last May, friends invited us for dinner and had asked us to bring dessert.  I had just picked up a copy of What's New, Cupcake by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson.  If you have never had a chance to peek inside this book, or it's predecessor, Hello, Cupcake, you don't know what you've been missing!  These books contain some of the cutest cupcakes you've ever seen.  They're on sale at Amazon right now so grab your copy today!!

For my first foray into baking fancy cupcakes, I chose these gorgeous flower cupcakes.



These were super easy to make, although they were time consuming.  The flower petals are made of mini marshmallows, dipped in colored sugar.  The stamins are "good & plenty" licorce candies although I've since seen on line that others have used other candy (Smarties, M&M, Skittles) to put in the center.  The stems of the flowers are green licorce.

It was fun to watch our hosts eat their cupcakes.  Some would pull off each  "petal" one by one, while others, like myself would cut a slice of the cupcake to enjoy the entire combination on my taste-buds at once.

These are a great idea for a Spring shower, Mother's Day or any other fun Spring/Summer get-together.

1 comments:

Tea said...

Wow! These are beautiful!!

I've just looked through all the things you've made and posted here, and you are really great at baking! I am so impressed. You could definitely go pro.

Post a Comment