Monday, November 1, 2010

Pass the Buttered Popcorn, Please!

When thinking of a fun dessert to take to a friend's going away party, I decided to pull out my favorite cupcake books, Hello Cupcake and What's New Cupcake.  I decided on the Buttered Popcorn design for it's quick and easy recipe.

I first baked a pan of mini cupcakes inside mini cup-cake cups.  Once cooled, I frosted them with buttercream icing.  The "popcorn" pieces were then cut and assembled on top.  Each popcorn piece consists of a mix of white mini marshmallows and the yellow mini marshmallows found in the bag of colored marshmallows.  Some marshmallows are cut into thirds with 2 of the cut pieces being "glued" with icing to a single whole marshmallow. They are set on a cookie sheet to harden a bit before being placed carefully on top of the mini cupcake.  Here's a close up look:


I found the red and white popcorn bags at the bulk food store and filled them 3/4 of the way with tissue paper.  I then gently placed the cupcakes inside the bag and very carefully transported them to the party.

These are a fun treat that would work well for a kid's sleepover party or movie night.  They are quick and easy to make and delicious to boot!

Finished product!


0 comments:

Post a Comment