Monday, November 1, 2010

"It's A Boy" Baby Shower Cookies

Our church secretary is expecting a baby and I offered to bring cookies to the baby shower a few weeks ago.  Once again I pulled out Mom's Sugar Cookie Recipe and began baking.  I made the cookies in advance and let them cool completely before I began icing them the following day.

I had found some GORGEOUS cookies online that I wanted to use as my inspiration as I googled "baby shower cookies".  I had borrowed my niece's Baby Accessories Cookie Cutter Set and wanted to give them a little more "wow" factor than just plain glaze icing.

I thought at first about icing them using Royal Icing, but then decided I didn't want them to be too hard to bite into.  Instead, I chose my glaze icing recipe I'd used on the Thanksgiving Blessing cookies a few weeks prior and my Step-mom and I spent a few hours icing the cookies using 6 different pastel colors.

We let the cookies sit for a few hours before I went back to my batch of Royal Icing I'd made, and adding tiny amounts of water at a time, I was finally able to get the Royal Icing to a consistency I could use to pipe the outlines of the cookies to give them a little more "zing".  These were my first attempt at detailing the cookies and they didn't turn out exactly as I'd planned, but in hindsight they were satisfactory looking, and delicious to eat.





0 comments:

Post a Comment