Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Abide Valentine Goodie Bags

Our Abide Team, in preparation for Valentine's Day decided that we would have goodie bags available to the ladies after our time together mid-February.  I offered to bake cookies that we could bag up for the women to take home as a special little treat to know that we (and God) loves them.


Using my usual Sugar Cookie Recipe, I baked cookies in different heart shapes, using the Wilton "Heart Cookie Cutter Set" purchased at the McCall's warehouse.  Once they cooled, I used my Poured Cookie Icing recipe and different variations of "red" food coloring to make reds and pinks, and then flavored each icing using vanilla, peppermint, almond, cherry and raspberry extracts.  I used the basic white colored icing to pipe and accentuate the cookies, while also using red sugar sprinkles to embellish some.  Here were the results:



0 comments:

Post a Comment