Saturday, April 23, 2011

Down the Bunny Hole Cupcakes

For Easter this year I made this recipe twice, once for our family celebration, and again for Easter day when I visited with friends.  The creative idea for these adorable cupcakes is found in the amazing book, Hello Cupcake.


I started with a batch of vanilla and chocolate cupcakes.  With butter cream icing and Wilton icing tip #233 I made the grass on the vanilla cupcakes.  I garnished those with sprinkles and a variety of different Easter Egg candies.  The Bunny butts were chocolate cupcakes iced with canned chocolate frosting and rolled in Oreo cookie crumbs.  The feet are marshmallow peanuts ... well, actually they were supposed to be peanuts but couldn't find white peanuts so I used white bunnies cut in half and softened in the microwave so I could mold them into a foot shape.  The pads of the bunny feet are sunflower seeds I rolled in melted chocolate.  The bunny tail was a mini marshmallow rolled in shredded coconut.  Here's a close up view for you:


They were pretty simple to make and a hit with my friend's children!

0 comments:

Post a Comment